Monday, May 13, 2013

cardiology follow up and mystery caller

So dd2 had her post surgery check up today at the heart center.  Her ekg and echo were much better.  It was nice being there without the constant worry about her.  She weighed in at 4.5 kg and still 22 inches (so weight gain is slow, but steady).  I am no longer doing the increased calorie diet since it was such a pain to make up. 

Unfortunately we couldn't get all good news.  There is still a small left over PDA (not sure how that happened since they did surgery), but it is not ausctible so the doctor doesn't believe it will cause her any problems.  Also there is some aortic valve regurg.  He thinks it is because the left ventricular was enlarged due to the PDA and the hope that this will go back to normal eventually.  We go back in 4 months with the plan to slowly extend the time between visits until she can finally be discharged.

On other news, I decided to write a note to dd1's school explaining about the cop visit and asking them to contact us the next time they are concerned about something instead of the cops.  Well after her class ended I got a call from her teacher telling me no one at the school contacted anyone about dd1's ear except us to pick her up those 2 days and that they are as shocked as us about the police visit.  So now I am left with trying to figure out who called on us.  It had to be someone who saw dd1 in the past 2 weeks and also knows her age, our address, and the fact she goes out with FIL.  I am at a complete loss and it is really bugging me.  I also would like to know so I can explain to the person that her medical needs are being taken care of.  I feel bad that we blamed the teacher by sending the letter, but really it was the most logical choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment