Friday, April 26, 2013

Day after surgery

We were lucky to avoid the ICU and be sent straight to the floor and I found out the ICU nurse who gave the tour was wrong. You can use cellphones in the room, just not use it to make calls. So I was relieved since I brought no other firm of entertainment. I did break the no cell call rule though by accident once because I forgot and luckily because I need to catch dh quickly. He had just left when I remembered we didn't take the bottle stuff out if the car.

The only bad thing is that the rooms are shared. When we first got in the room there was no one else so I was hoping it would stay that way, but unfortunately a few hours later I say that a name got placed on the door and by evening another baby got put in here. Of course the whole family was there when it arrived and the mother doesn't even speak English. I guess that is both good and bad. I won't be talking to her and I can talk about her and she won't know. I couldn't wait until 8pm when visiting hours ended so the rest of them would leave. However it just got worse at night. The pull out chair they make people sleep on is horrible (seriously I think the tile floor would have been better), but the worst was the freaking baby beside us that wouldn't stop crying and babbling. It is one thing listening to your baby, but another persons. I was lucky I was dead tired from not sleeping for 2 nights or else I wouldn't get a wink of sleep. I am lucky Chloe is a quiet baby. I would die if I had that kid for a child. And she wasn't even young like Chloe is, but 7 months old. By that age a baby should be sleeping through the night but no it was crying at 12, 3, 5 in the morning and maybe even more but I was to tired to notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment